Will changing size of wheel and tire void manufacturer warranty?

If you provide the tire size, maximum inflation and load stamped on the tire sidewall, as well as the front and rear ‘GAWR’ figures off the build sticker next to the tire and load sticker, I can calculate your recommended cold pressures for your non-OEM, aftermarket tires.

If there is a ‘P’ in front of the tire size, EG: P215-60R16, please include it. If not, exclude that P.

Haven’t had the chance to reach out yet. I will when it gets closer to time for new tires. Got a screw in the sidewall and that messed my plans up as I didn’t have money for the whole package with the wheels at this time.

My point is that manufacturer has provided tires that are too low profile in my opinion. It’s whatever is on them when they come from factory that’s “specified” as far as I know.

Can you expand?

They are pretty low. If I go down to 16" then I’m already out of spec so I don’t see why I’d follow the spec for the other so long as I’m not putting something really heavy or with a lot of angular momentum farther from the center of the tire.

The door jams is labeled toward the stock of factory wheels and tire size… when we went from 16’’ wheels to 19’’ wheels the tire wanted my suggestion as to how much psi to put in this newest. I told them 45psi. but after a few months we aired down to 43 psi as this seem to be better and allows the tire to make full contact. With the tire being at 45psi, we we’re riding on the center tread which it designed for winter use… so airing it down place the outer edge of the tire closer to the road. the outer edge is designed to take on wet and dry weather driving. it only been 2 weeks since airing down to 43 psi so I can’t pass judgement on if this the correct psi for our driving habits… but it does feel sluggish at time… just down want the van all over the road drifting due to deflated tires.

I tend to find myself all over the road when the tires are over-inflated, especially with wider, lower profiles.

Remember: Narrower, taller sidewall tires tend to track straighter, even with some deviation from the cold pressures on the vehicle door pillar.

Wider, lower profiles want to go sideways, and are more responsive to steering input. They are also more sensitive to deviation from the pressures specified by vehicle manufacturers.

If you review my post, you will see that my reply was to @LostnTransit’s post, not the OP’s question of “Will changing…”. The number of users on this forum that feel the need to nitpick other users posts is unfortunate. And, apparently for no other reason than to make themselves feel superior since it adds no value to the discussion. If your desire is to help others, then great! The rest is just needless quibble.

1 Like