Wife is considering a hybrid

I’m guessing we’ll avoid the hybrid version of any make she chooses. She plans on trying several brands, I can’t wait to hear her go at it with the sales person who wants to “get her in a car today”.
She’s in sales herself. She has a sweet side and a business side. I sit back and enjoy the show.
On the surface the hybrid mpg entices her. But she’s also a penny pincher so the higher initial cost will make her think it over.

1 Like

Then if she has not done so she should use the manufactures build your own feature for about every brand or type she might like. That will give prices , options , trim levels and more specs than the average person needs.

Side note- we have a 2018 Ford Fiesta SE that averages 30 to 34 combined and on a 1500 mile trip it averaged 38 MPG . It was comfortable so there may even be a vehicle suitable that she has not even thought of.

$1,200 isn’t much of a higher cost these days. And at least one manufacturer (Lincoln) has a zero difference in cost of a hybrid and non hybrid vehicle.

June 2020 Car and Driver covers it on p. 70. “Better with a Battery” is the title. They call it livelier, punchier, and the hybrid drive system smooth, quiet, unobtrusive. EPA estimates vs. non-hybrid version jump from 27 to 40 city and 32 to 35 highway.

“…substantial feel on the road… exceptional stability and secure and capable manners on Arizona’s wavy two-lanes, its ride always compliant.”

Sounds like they like it. My only concern would be that Honda has lagged in hybrid system reliability and I don’t know if they’ve caught up with, say, Toyota.