Whistle of the Ole Grand Cherokee

It’s rollin’ 'round the bend, and I ain’t seen the sunshine since…my Jeep Grand Cherokee shifted from park to drive without a whistle—just like those toy wooden train whistles that you see at museum gift shops. When I shift my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee from park to drive or simply turn off the ignition, it toots. From park to drive, it’s too-too-toot; from drive to park, it’s toot; stopping at a stop sign, it’s the same as from drive to park: toot; and accelerating from a stop sign, it’s toooooooooo. Sound like nonsense? Yes—and try explaining all this to a jaded dealership service department. They diagnosed the tooting whistle as a defective transmission valve body and not the Folsom Prison Blues. They replaced it and two months later the ole train whistle came back 'round the bend. In fact, it’s on its way on down the San Antone straight to my nerves.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? The whistle is very audible at the bottom and middle of the Jeep (about where the transmission is) and almost sounds like it is being projected from a hole—very audibly. Any help would be gladly sung from the depths of cell block 2008jgc.