Which used 4 wheel drive truck should we buy?

The thought of being in a Vanagon flipping upside down is terrifying beyond words. I never liked VW vans right side up all that much, especially the even older ones where you felt like the front bumper (not that it amounted to much) was bolted to your shoes. I’m just hoping those kids were belted in.

I remember some years back when I drove our 4Runner to school, one of my students noticed it. After class he stayed after and asked this question. “Mr… Our parents have one of thse 4Runners too and we are having trouble doing donuts in the parking lot at our ski lodge. Any suggestions ?” “Sure” I said, " Don’t try." I wasn’t going to tell him how, as there was away. But, here is an affluent kid trying to jockey around the family car for pleasure with little concern for anything else. Wonder what he’s doing the rest of the time with it too ? Kids and trucks and snow spell trouble sometimes.

I trusted my daughter with the family truck on occasion. But even she had her moments. Like at her wedding I find out from her best friend that my truck was actually a twelve passenger hauler and “starting it” while it was running already was the cause for it having a bad flywheel.

" ‘Kids’ , can’t live with’em, pass the beer nuts." Norm in Seinfeld.

Funny story … lol … when I was a 16 year old my high school friend had a really old truck and for lunch, instead of doing the sensible thing and going to the cafeteria and eating a healthy hot freshly cooked (for high school cafeterias anyway) meal for 75 cents, he’d take that old beast out on the freeway and peg it just to see how fast it would go … the first time he tried it, he broke the speedometer, but that didn’t stop him, for some reason he’d do exactly the same thing the next day, even though he couldn’t tell how fast he was going since the speedometer was broken … this went on for months until a wind gust caught him unaware and scared the dickens out of him, then after that he decided to go to the cafeteria for lunch. I think you mean Norm from “Cheers” rather than “Seinfeld”.

Thanks @GeorgeSanJose
Big brain cramp…and,.actually it was not “kids” as you know, but I did not want to gender specific and upset anyone.

@MarkM they were and it was an big scare for all involved, this would have been a later 80’s Westfalia.