Which cheap fast daily driver?

I’m no car expert, but I dont think cheap, reliable, fast, track so together. The track will destroy your car. You could need a new set of tires each time you are on the track. Track racing, racing in general is not cheap. Outside the track, fast doesn’t matter. Sure its fun, but its dangerous, means tickets, jail, hurting someone, hurting yourself. Its just not smart. Be smart, think long-term, think resale value and reliability over speed. Speed also means lower gas mileage and higher emissions (if you care). Google cars ranked by cost of ownership. KBB knows it’s poop: https://www.kbb.com/car-reviews-and-news/top-10/best-used-cars-under-5000/2100005369/

1 Like

@MoHassan99 I am not the person asking this question and I don’t think Tomasz will return.

I am thinking seriously about the mazda3 (or a mazdaspeed3), which is on that list. Can anyone compare the experience of driving the speed version to a Miata?

You just test drive each one then you will know which one you like better . How you feel about the vehicle you choose is all that matters.

Mazdaspeed 3 = Torque steer city.

Either of the Mazdas would be fine as would several other cars so personal preference comes into your decision.

Can you comfortably fit? The condition of the car? The cost of insurance & maintenance? How many people and how much stuff will you need to carry? Will you be driving in snow (FWD vs RWD)? Do you love or hate the look?

Only you can decide so have fun looking.

Get a bigger budget. 25k is appropriate. Then you can think about the car you want.

Researcher , I doubt if Mr. It’s Me needs any help choosing a vehicle but apparently the person who started this thread does.

Maybe he could rent one ROFL