Which brands are the best for those owners who wish to do their own Maint. & Repairs?

My owners’ manual says to run it once every 6 months. I haven’t run the defroster in years.

Are you sure of this? Could it be that only poor and frugal people want them and mfgers don’t care to serve them?

You really are out of touch with reality .

3 Likes

Is there anyone here who thinks A/C makes it easier for the diyer to do routine maintenance and repairs?

You drive less than 100 miles a year, the average person drives 100 miles in 3-4 days or less, no disrespect, but you have very little merit to me about this conversation…

2 Likes

Obviously, if you add something, it can’t make it easier. However, the real question should be, does it make it harder? My answer is no. I have never had any issue with routine maintenance or repairs due to the existence of A/C components. The only real issues have come from a heater core replacement and engine removal, neither of which I would classify as routine.

2 Likes

I quoted the owners’ manual. How often I drive is irrelevant to its recommendation of how often to run the AC. I don’t use the defroster because I live in Albuquerque and it freezes less often than yearly, not because I drive so rarely.

In what way? Home builders aren’t building homes for non-wealthy people. Why can’t car mfgers have similar uninterest in non-wealthy would-be car purchasers? Are there inexpensive new vehicles on the market? I’ve heard not.

I paid $2,499 for a refrigerator mainly for its icemaker. It was the only fridge available that perfectly fit the renovated kitchen and the design.

Before purchasing, countless negative reviews were reported on the specific fridge. I pulled the trigger nonetheless and today the fridge is 9 years old without a flaw.

To keep this car related, I was told that Toyotas are easy to work on as they are pretty basic vehicles and parts are always available.

Toyotas have equivalent subsystems to any other vehicle in the segments they compete in. Is your Lexus simple?

2 Likes

And who ever told you that is also Clueless.

2 Likes

lol @ your predictable fans giving you thumbs up.

My answer does not address the OP post but it does invite George and Dave and a few more who are always willing to offer sounded advice on the issue I presented.