Where do i take my car to be fixed!

MY SPEEDOMETER DOES NOT WORK, BOTH CHECK ENGINE AND OIL LIGHTS ARE ON, EVEN AFTER TOOK IT FOR AN OIL CHANGE. SOMETIMES THE CAR DOES NOT WANT TO START THEN WHEN IT DOES THE HAZARD LIGHTS GO ON. THEY TOLD ME AT AAMCO TO TAKE IT TO AN ELECTRICIAN BECAUSE THE DIAGNOSTIC TEST WOULDN’T READ AT JIFFY LUBE, WHAT SHOULD I DO OR WHERE DO I TAKE IT??? THANKS A BUNCH

First, STOP YELLING. It’s hard to read.

Second, if this is a 2010, it’s still under warranty, isn’t it? In that case, it should go to the dealer. However, if the oil pressure light is on, you shouldn’t be driving the car, so call the dealer and arrange for a tow.

Third, by all means, stay away from the quick-lube and other chain places. Many of them do sloppy work and many of them push services that aren’t required.

NOT YELLING THNKS THO ITS A 1995 “NO WARRANTY”

You need to turn off your caps lock. All caps is considered “yelling” in e-language.

Also organize your thoughts into complete sentences rather than one big rambling paragraph.

I’m just telling you this because i’m sure you want to be taken seriously.

Find a family-owned mechanic, look around, they’re out there. You’re much better off going to a real garage than you are a chain oil change place.

Okay, so the car that you first identified as a 2010 VW is actually a '95 VW.
This means that you can avoid the dealership and that you should avoid any chain place like AAMCO (considered by many to be the biggest thieves in the auto repair business).

The presence of the oil pressure warning light is most likely an indication of insufficient oil pressure.
If you have confirmed that there is sufficient oil in the crankcase, then this narrows the problem down to one of the following:

A bad oil pump
A bad oil pressure sensor
An engine that is severely clogged with sludge

Do NOT start the engine or drive the car, as insufficient oil pressure is probably the best way to ruin an engine. If you wipe out the bearings, rings, cylinder walls, etc from insufficient oil pressure, it will not be worth repairing on a 14 year old car.

Have the car towed to an independent mechanic, NOT to any chain operation like Midas, Meineke, Monro, Sears, AAMCO, etc. After diagnosing the problem, your independent mechanic can tell you if it is (hopefully) a bad oil pressure sensor, meaning that the engine is probably OK. If it is either of the two other scenarios, then you have probably already wrecked the engine, simply because an oil pressure warning light means “Shut engine down and do not restart until problem is corrected”. By driving it around from shop to shop with that light glaring in your eyes, you have made one of the cardinal errors of car ownership, unfortunately.

And in the future, for routine service DO NOT use chains like Jiffy Lube if you want this car or any future cars to keep running without problems.

Removed - started separate discussion

Follow up question - I took my care to an independent shop

Yea, that sounds like the old man has been working on cars for a long time. I would not worry about the Thai restaurant, you might even have dinner there. The old timers tend to get to know their neighbor businesses and they take care of each other. It sounds like he has been around for a while and that is generally a plus.

BTW, thanks for getting rid of the ALL CAPS. :slight_smile: