Whenit is cold it won't start

Hello the brothers

I have oldsmobile royale delta 88 year 1990. I love this car and it runs great. I live in western nebraska where in morning the temperature is between 1o to mid 20’. When it is this cold the car has trouble start. I will try for up to5 minutes at time. Last year same problem, I used heet ( removes water from fuel line) it worked as I will start like in 1 minutes. This year I’m not having such succes. I even doubled the amount of heet without succes. I would appreciate your help.

PS: checked battery it work fine, alternator is new,

Abdou.

PS enjoy your show

The problem might be with the fuel pump check valve. These things can act goofy with temperature changes.

The next time it takes longer to start the engine, turn the ignition switch off, and then turn it to the run position so that the dash lights come on for two seconds, and then turn it off. Repeat this a half dozen times and then try starting the engine. If the engine starts right up, there’s a problem with the fuel pump check valve.

Tester

Thank a lot

Tester dude you are genius! it worked, less than 20 second to start up! Thanks a bunch.