When the driver behind you is tailgating

The hazard idea works well as does putting on the right blinker and leaving it on. After a while they just think you’re nuts waiting for you to turn (especially if you’re driving an older rwd car), and move way back. It works very well 75% of the time and the rest of the time you’re at least a reminder to the tailgater. But, regardless, something should be done as it’s absolutely unsafe for the innocent person ahead.

There are two reactions on my part. If my kids are riding with me, I may pull into a parking lot or something like that, but usually I’m driving by myself, and if my driving ain’t good enough for the ahem gentleman behind me, feel free to pass me. I’m a 3rd shift worker and my mirrors have found a 24/7 permanent annoyance-free angle. Can’t budge or bother me.

I used to like dropping from fifth to third gear. This sharply drops my speed without giving the other driver the benefit of taillights.

'Course, I was young and stupid then. I’m older now. Now, I just let off the gas and let them go around.

Years ago (I won’t share how many) in Drivers Ed. we were told to tap the brake to flash the brake lights. But that was back when road rage consisted of a fist shaking, not a 9mm. I wouldn’t do it now days.

I always pull over and let them pass so they can be my speed control. If there is a cop up ahead, chances are that driver is still driving fast and they’ll get pulled over before me.

HAHAHA!!! That’s a good idea. But keep in mind, they don’t always pull over the lead car.

They’re not tailgating. They’re drafting.