When should I change tires in Northern California?

Just to nit pick some more, it’s important to know if the car is stored indoors or outside. If it’s outside then the tires are too old and should be replaced, because daylight ages tires rapidly and leads to cracking and hardening of the tread. If the car is stored inside, in dim or no light, tires do last quite a bit longer. But not forever.

Knowing how weird CA auto regulations are and can be, it’s probably every couple of years

1 Like

I would like to “Just get four new tires and be done with it” but Tire Rack wants $750 for a set of tires for my truck.

Isn’t anyone going to announce that it is a bad time to buy tires? It’s a bad time to buy cars and groceries, people grouse about the price of eggs but tires are a casual purchase.

We buy eggs every week or two and tires every 4 to 6 years.things we buy frequently are front of mind.

+1
I’m happy to report that my latest carton of free-range large eggs cost $3.49 per dozen.
I don’t anticipate having to buy tires in the near term, but when I do, it will be at Costco, when they are having one of their tire price promotions.

When your tires are worn out, you need tires. It’s not like you have a choice.

2 Likes

I just looked at tire prices for our Volvo . They just are not that much higher than the last time we bought tires . Also no more than we drive now I could use a lower price decent tire than the Pirelli P7 we normally get.

That’s not bad at all if it includes mounting and balancing. Last time I bought truck tires it was over a grand. I bought a set of tires for my Mustang back in April, and it was over $1200 all-in.

Speaking of Costco, why don’t you buy eggs there?

I can’t use that many eggs at one time. One dozen eggs last me for 2-3 weeks. The egg containers at Costco contain–I think–2 dozen, and they probably wouldn’t “keep” long enough to make that purchase economical.

1 Like

If you take cooking oil and coat the eggshell, it will stay fresh a very long time. it stops air from getting in. I have never tried it because I do not care for eggs. I know I am weird.

I only buy eggs that come from Iowa. I don’t drive there though.

Interesting. You aren’t alone. I don’t particularly like the flavor of eggs either. The only thing that’s good about eggs imo is that an egg in the batter helps prevent waffles from sticking to the waffle iron. Hard boiled eggs make for an acceptable snack I guess.

24 extra large eggs. If you may the medium eggs, there are 5 dozen! That’s too many for us.

One a day. Doc said good and I’m still alive so must work. I used to scramble them but got tired of the mess. Now I just hard boil 6 at a time, no mess. This whole thing is going to get shut down.

It gave me the energy to detail two cars. Clay bar, machine polish, machine sealer, hand wax, and interior shampoo. I lied, I only did one interior so far. Shine like new though. Winter is coming.