I am sorry if this has been asked before, or if there is a thread about this already - I am new here. Any help and guidance you can give me would be much appreciated.
I have an 02 Jetta with 86k in the odometer. It is not aging all that well. Over two years ago I put in a rebuilt transmission (the car was at 70k), and this year I have put in around $2,500 on the car on six visits to the mechanic. I just had to drop it off yesterday to address a coolant leak.
I was hoping to get another year and a half out of this car (86k is not that much) but, with every swipe of the credit card, I am thinking more and more if I would not be better off getting another one. After all, it kind of feels I am making car payments! Plus, I know this model is very unreliable. The only reliable thing about it, in fact, is that something is going to break.
If you would get rid of it, would you do it right after having it fixed or wait until something else goes wrong? I can see pros and cons in both. I guess I need more people’s perspectives.
Thank you so much in advance!