Wheel cleaning on the cheap

WE’d even fill it with water for them.

yosemite

@‌wesw
You obviously haven’t been a natural owner of a Jeep. Jeeps, like tractors are designed to perform better while dirty. Longevity mileage and torque are all subtly increased when wheels and other body parts are left dirty and a little rusted. I have a friend with a JD tractor he keeps fastidiously clean. I do nothing to my Kubota. It has had many fewer problems. This is proof positive that dirt works well on some vehicles ( Jeeps are in that category) to give better long term service. Do nothing to the car to clean the wheels.

Btw, aluminium is a fine way to spell the word. Non of us will know the diffarance with our spooling skills regardless.

Aluminium is fine. Just don’t say “steal” instead of steel. That one could raise eyebrows in some contexts.

I agree with @dagosa; I purposly run my truck thru the mud now and then. Cow patties are even better…they have roughage!!!
It tends to fill up the rust holes. And we all know that a big glop of mud is more aerodynamic than having that air current flowing into the front edge of the door… thru the door post… over the roof liner…down the rear window post…thru the rear fender and into the trunk. and out the tail light.

That creates drag man!!!

Yosemite

Yeah, kicking myself, I know I wrote “new” someplace instead of “knew” but have no idea where to go back and edit it. I dunno though, if I ever visited Dagosa, I’d be out there washing his tractor.

Lets all sneak over in the middle of the night and wash it, that’ll p*ss him off.

Yosemite

I won’t buy a car with aluminum wheels, had one once and they corrode at the bead and leak air much worse than painted steel in our high salt environment.

The ones I had on my '72 Vega pitted badly, and that was in North Dakota at the air base. Salt isn’t used on the base to protect the aircraft, and little is used on ND roads because it’s of limited value there. The temperature is too low, the roads are flat and straight, and the wind blows the ice crystals that are the snow right off the elevated highways.

Ford in particular had a serious problem a few decades ago with alloy wheels corroding leak paths through the wheels.

The ones on my current car, with 215,000 miles in NH where salt common have no evidence pitting at all. Alloys and coatings have come a very long way in the past 42 years.

you guys are goofy.

I often wonder if, when I list fabricator as my occupation, people think I m lying… :slight_smile:

I am?
Hmmmm… maybe that blond will come on a date with me after all!