Wheel bearings/ hub 2011 Chevy Aveo

@Yosemite

I’m also not a facebook guy . . . but I actually saw the smoke machine through the “haze” :smiley:

I don’t see a hub as being responsible for damaging the new bearings. I could see new bearings failing if they were pounded in with a hammer instead of pressed in or if the bearings used were of some Chinese low grade manufacture.

As to Temple, my guess is Temple, TX.

I saw the smoke machine Ok and the video was great. I made my own out of a military ammo box a few years back.

I would have liked to see more of the other pictures though. You never know when you may see someone using a homemade tool etc., and think “that’s a cleaver way to do that”.

yosemite

This is just too ripe-

get a call. I should upgrade the bearings. The other shop put on crap bearings and that's why they died so fast

Gee, since your company is warrantying the work, you guys might want to use better parts this time. That way, we don’t waste each other’s time…

I go with Tester’s scenario. They damaged the bearings on installation.

Thank you very much. Everyone. It’s been extremely helpful. I’m going to check out your Facebook. Looks like it might be helpful too. Thanks again all.

A failing hub bearing will often spin on the hub and damage it and installing the damaged hub in a new bearing alone won’t eliminate the play. But once installed the bearing cannot be removed and have a new hub installed and then be reliable. I learned to never reinstall the Ford-Mazda hubs with new bearings regardless how good they looked.