What's your favorite tool?

a speedhandle is probably one of the cheapest tools from Snap-On tools. Unless my toolman looked up the wrong part number, I bought one for $12.00 last spring.

I found a multisize nut driver that loosens or tightens 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, and 7/16 nuts. The center shaft slides to one end or the other to gain access to the needed driver. No sockets to lose and no fumbling around in pockets for the right size. Great for appliance repair.

The screwdriver that has four bits - two slotted and two Phillips - of different sizes. It also fits the common sizes of small nuts.

My orbital palm sander is my favorite. It has come in very handy sanding down the rafters for our deck awning. It is rather quiet so that is a plus also. : )

My Wife says"Butter Knife". I guess she does fix everything around the house with one. Maybe Snap-on or Mac makes a special edition Butterknife. Do you think I should turn her loose on a muli-bit screwdriver?

Well politics and religion are sure to get anyone on their defensive horse. Let’s add the pope and complete this debate, tough choice but bush wins the debacle so far in my book.

The factory tie down system is what my cousin loves most about her Frontier pick-up. She ties her motorcycle in the back, packs up the back of the cab, and she’s off. We used it to move a new water heater to my sister’s house, and it worked well for that task, too.

Mine too. I’m on my third Victorinox–one lost on Route 303, one left in the airport at Houston when I forgot to stow it in my checked baggage, third carefully guarded–and I have the toothpick and tweezers.

My favorite “tool” is George Bush (the younger). My favorite hand tool is a Model T Wrench: more for the nostalgia than its functionality—like Bush.

I like my screwdriver thingee with a magnet! It twirls clockwise and counter clockwise on batteries. I like my little bitty LED flashlights I got at Harbor Freight, 2 for $3. THEY are BRIGHT and fit in my purse. The other one is in my son’s glove compartment.( good stocking stuffer) I don’t have a car, but like hearing your show!!! I can no longer drive, sold my 23 year Jetta to a high school boy who was thrilled to get it. I sold it to him for $100 because he played the trumpet in his school band! YAY! Love, Granny

“My favorite “tool” is George Bush (the younger).”

I didn’t realize so many posters work on Wall Street.

There is ONE tool(s) that has helped me more times then I can remember.

It’s my first socket set I ever had (and still do). 3/8" SAE Husky socket set my dad bought me 40 years ago. I keep it in my truck all the time. I’ve added Metric sockets to the case…but the ratchet is still original. It’s been in every car I’ve ever owned.

I still have the original Husky tool box, most of the sockets and the extensions. I don’t have the original ratchet, don’t know where it went. I bought mine somewhere around 1965. I think it was the first mail order I ever placed and was thrilled when it arrived. I broke the 3/4 socket and used one of the extensions for a drift. There was a 3/8 to 1/2 inch adapter that disappeared about 10 years ago. This is a “faithful” friend over many years of repairs. The best investment I ever made.

I also have a 3/8" SAE Husky socket sets that I acquired about 1967. I think I ordered it from Oskamp-Nolting in Cincinnati (long since out of business), but may have purchased it with S & H Green Stamps. I’ve added a couple of spark plug sockets, but I still have all the original socets and ratchet. Mine came in a red case.

Hi! I would have to say,which some may disagree, the greatest innovation in handtools in the last twenty years would be the gearwrench. No doubt it’s made wrenching in tight spots very easy. If you don’t have a set,get one and you’ll agree!!

Opposite of my dad, the running joke in the house was if he could not fix it with his red screwdriver, call a repair man, thus I learned to fix things myself. My dad is still alive and we do some things as he is able, sorry yours is gone but it is nice to see you remember, not expecting that from my critter but hoping for it at least. You do your father proud.

LOL If there is a contest for cleverest answer, Ron-man wins.

When I worked at a Volvo dealership I wore a REALLY nerdy red Gap fanny pack with Radio Shack noodle-nose pliars (my favorite of the breed), screwdrivers, and who knows what all else. Quickly replaced by one good multitool, originally the slide-out Gerber ones but now the slightly bulkier Leatherman Super Tool 200. And of course, the Internet for the way-huge knowledge base and old friend finder that it is, plus time-waster, which is why I’m here and not doing what I’m supposed to be, writing my students’ progress reports. Thanks for nothin’!

I lost my original case years ago. I bought a new plastic case from Sears years ago…

When the ratchet dies I’ll replace…but after 40 years…And when I worked as a mechanic while going to college…it got a LOT of abuse. I can’t tell you how many times I put the socket on the nut…and then put a 2’ pipe over the ratchet…then whaled on the pipe with a hammer just to get a nut loose…ratchet is all original…still works like new.

BTW…I have a couple of Snap-On wrenches and maybe even a Craftsman wrench that probably have seen that much abuse also. Most of my hand tools today are Craftsman (their sale prices are impossible to beat). Home Depot sells Husky tools now. And I think they’re made by the same people that make Craftsman.

50 pound sledge hammer!!!