What's the connection?

Maybe some new spark plug wires are in order.

Try that remote…that you think is ban…with another car.

Then that cars remote with this car. Then you will know if it’s the car causing interferance…or the remote is bad.

Yosemite

Tried a new battery?

Is Linear a brand name? I guess we don’t know if the remote not working is built into the car or a portable remote transmitter. If its the portable remote, and other portable remotes work properly, you have isolated it to a bad remote. Throw it away and order a new one. They’re $20-30.

New battery in the remote was the first thing I tried, to no avail. Linear is a brand name, and it’s a portable remote. Replacing it will probably be my next step.

Just an update. I took Barkydog’s suggestion and put in new spark plug wires. Problem solved. I don’t know whether it’s the new wires or the fact that one of the old connections to the coil seemed loose, but it seems to have been some electrical interference from the car itself. Thanks to all for the help.

Plug wire issues are often a symptom of iffy spark plugs. If the plugs are originals I would suggest changing those before the new wires turn out to be problematic.