What's the best turbo charged car in your opinion

The best turbocharged is actually called a supercharger it is far better than turbo 365 days a year eight days a week.
Can someone back me up please.
Turbos burn up you have to let them cool down you have to get to a certain RPM before they even engage their fun but they’re not practical.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. Most turbochargers last the life of the car and unless someone is beating on a car like they’re at the Bonneville Salt Flats a cool down period is not that critical as long as they’re using the right oil and changing it regularly.

Superchargers do not necessarily provide boost all the time. There’s a bypass in the intake tract which provides natural aspiration in normal driving. Once the pedal is nailed the bypass closes and boost kicks in.

I’m not saying one is better or worse than the other. There’s advantages and disadvantages to both.

Got to admit,the Rootes supercharger on a GMC diesel is a reliable piece of equipment,the Rootes blower was invented in the late 1800s and are in use today were durability and the ability to pump large quanities of air is required(but they consume a fair amount of power to run)

As you can read, the essential difference is how each generates the boost they provide.One uses gears or belts from the crank shaft while the other uses exhaust. There are advantages to each way. The bottom line is, they are thirsty when used and how you drive them has a lot to do with longevity. If you spend your operating life driving conservatively, both engine and charger can last a long time. Make a habit of engaging at evry stop light or tow or plow and you are begging for reduced engine and transmission life and higher fuel consumption…similar to large displacement motors with out. Larger displacement and diesels are often designed a little stronger to begin with. Tack on a turbo to an existing light block gasoline motor, then use it hard…no promises it will survive very long.

So, can a car ( SAAB) last a long time with a turbo ? Of course. As long as you drive it conservatively. Then some might ask. " why bother having one? " I would guess that the WRX people aren’t likely to o use them only as grocery store and mall trippers while SAAB owners are first concerned with how they look driving conservatively and not how they perform. ( sarcasm)

turbocharged is actually called a supercharger

Turbo charged and super charged are completely different. They are both forced induction systems, but the turbo turbine is turned by the exhaust of the engine…a super charger turbine is turned by the crank-shaft via a pulley.

Aren’t the phrases “I am a mechanic” and “I am looking for a 2006 turbo charged AWD luxury car” some what at odds with each other. I don’t know any mechanics that are looking to do more work on their own cars than those they are getting paid to work on…

My brother’s '01 Camry V6 A/T vs. my sister’s '99 SAAB 9-3 turbo 4 A/T. Both about 190 hp, get 29 mpg at 65 mph on a trip. Going up the I-26 grade north of Spartanburg, SC, in cruise at 65 mph, the Camry unlocks the torque converter, then downshifts to 3rd with accompanying revs and noise. The SAAB boost gauge just goes into the “boost” range. No torque converter unlock, no downshift, no higher revs, very serene. Having said that, the Camry is better in most ways I care about, especially since the SAAB drivers seat is a torture chamber as far as I’m concerned. And yes, dag, sis does like how she looks in her “SnAAB.”

;-]

Rather than spec’ing the turbo, AWD and luxury, why don’t you tell us how much money you want to spend and how many seats you need. That will allow us to narrow your choices far easier.
As some other posters mentioned, there are a wide range of Audis available which meet your stated goals. Buying one just off-lease, from the dealer, will net you a factory warranty, which is a good thing to have on cars as complex as these.

“The best turbocharged is actually called a supercharger it is far better than turbo 365 days a year eight days a week. Can someone back me up please. Turbos burn up you have to let them cool down you have to get to a certain RPM before they even engage their fun but they’re not practical.”

No, I can’t back you up.
All the complaints you list applied to turbos 25 years ago. Modern turbo designs have addressed the issues of boost only at high RPM. Many are water cooled, negating the need to cool them down. Good modern oils (synthetic) will deal with the old coking problems.
Go drive a VW/Audi 1.8T or 2.0T. They are marvelous engines, with power when you want it, and fuel economy when you don’t.
Superchargers are boosting, and consuming engine power all the time, and thus are less popular.

@Tony Carlos A lot of superchargers these days have a mechanical clutch that disengages them when under low or no-load conditions. Thus improving efficiency.

Suburu’s or Mitsubishi Lancers are both turbo’ed, with AWD and are desirable by the enthusiast community. They are factory hot rods that get whipped hard so they get broken.

Audi 4 and 6 series cars come with turbo engines and AWD as well. Luxurious and fast. Generally not whipped as hard as the Japanese brands because they are more expensive. Audis are not very reliable and very expensive to fix.

If you are a good mechanic, they can be fixed and re-sold for a profit IF you are careful what you buy. Pretty risky, though.