What would your car get these days

Below is a link by the EPA on how your current vehicle would do with the new fuel ecomony standards.

http://www…onomy.gov/

Enjoy the link, Steve

In regards to my Lincoln Mark VIII, both old and new are wrong.
Highway old - 25
Highway new - 23
I always get 27 and have hit 30 at times.

City old - 18
City new - 16
I get 19.

Us too. Our good car easily does 33 on highway. Old EPA was 32, new is 29. I’ll add about 10% to the new EPA highway numbers for a good estimate of what we can actually get for a quick mental calculation. 14% would be a little closer. Thanks Steve, for the web site!

Hey, a Mark VIII driver, cool.

My '90 Tbird V6 was 19 / 27, now is 17 / 24. Remarkably, the old one was dead on the money. On the highway with the cruise set at 75 and the AC on, I get 27. If I turn off the cruise, turn off the AC, and try to keep a light touch on the throttle, I can push that to 30. That’s an underpowered V6 with 125k hard miles.

I always have done better than the estimates.  So any adjustment down is only going to be more wrong for me. 

It would appear that driving style makes a big difference.

My Subaru WRX seems about right. They state 18MPG city and 25MPG highway and 20MPG combined. I manage 25MPG on the highway tops when driving 55MPH. Otherwise with minimal city I get a consistent 23MPG.

I get better than both new and old estimates for my 1996 Dodge Neon too.
Old city - 25. Old highway - 33.
New city - 22. New highway - 30.

For purely stop and go traffic like my commute to work, I get about 27 mpg. All highway driving, I get about 34, even up to 36. For an average tank, I’ll get about 32 mpg. Driving style clearly makes a difference, or those estimates are very conservative!