What was/is the most favorite car you owned, and why?

I rather thought OJ was a good driver and he managed that big machine well.

Wasn’t OJ hiding in the back with a disguise and a gun? Al Cowlings was doing the driving. He was quite the wheelman.

1990 Plymouth Laser 20 turbo. The cockpit was perfectly laid out, and it was a pleasure to drive. Really unassuming in looks, but looks were deceiving.

I had a beautiful 1986 e-30 BMW. I was one inch away from bringing that car back from Europe. Finally I had a 6 cyl BMW. The main attraction was that turbine like 2.0 6cyl.(they were 6cyl in Europe)

2bbl 283 V8 with powerglide tranny

This is easy! My Toyota Celica that I bought new back in the eighties. Everything worked!!! The mileage was great, and it had plenty of power for my needs. It was SO easy to do your own maintenance on too!! I used to do my own oil changes, and you could practically reach right in and change the filter. You can’t even SEE the filter on most of the cars I’ve owned since - let alone reach it. I also changed my own plug and wires - easy - now on my Caravan the two back plugs are located way in back in the bermuda triangle. It has a wonderful sound system (factory) and automatic, but it had the manual windows and non-digital dash (which I like). The seats were so very comfortable too- (even though I was young and lithe then, I still had a bad back). Oh, and the OWNERS MANUAL - it was soo great - it had all these really clear diagrams that told you where everything was and it was so well organized - it was practically like a mini-chiltons - this was the first car that I ever owned, and I thought that all owners mamuals would be like that - HA! For a small car it handled really well in the wind too.

My second favorite would be the used Toyota Corolla I bought in the late 90’s - it was a better size for my needs now, but it was so old and abused when I got it, that it didn’t have much of a chance - still, the seats were very comfortable and the mileage was great - too bad the body was so bad we had to drive with the windows open… So, yes, I’m a Toyota cult follower - although I must admit, I test drove a new Corolla recently to help a friend, and it wasn’t the same - it was too big, and the gas pedal had something funny with it - you had to push it so hard your foot almost hurt?

This is going to sound boring, but it is my current car, a 1998 Honda Civic DX. It is extremely reliable and efficient. Part of the problem is that I haven’t owned many cars (this is only my third). The other part of the problem is that I have decided that anything with four wheels has two wheels too many.

Aqua blue BMW Z4 3.0 convertible. It was my second car and came along with a new girlfriend. Had an incredible summer in that year and the car did everything for us. We wanted to buy a map to figure out how to get to a nearby romantic lake. The gas station had none left but then I remembered that the car had a navigation system on board. We just kept laughing about our own stupidity. Top-down nights cruising the streets of Munich with Charles Dumont “Ta cigarette apres l’amour” on. Those two subwoofers along with an incredible high fidelity sound brought a superior listening experience. The car is incredibly fast and has great handling. Not to mention all those nice extras like Xenon lights and self adjusting mirrors. The trunk has enough space to fit a blanket and a guitar for spontanious nights out. Just a dream. Could not afford to keep it but it will never forget it.

1972 Austin America. It was just soooo much fun to drive. When it was running, of course.

1972 Chevelle Nomad station wagon; a fairly mundane choice.
Newly married and our first new car. It did yeoman’s service for us while I was travelling cross country in military service. Comfortably and faithfully got us cross country no less than eight times in six years. Never used oil and could haul whatever we put into it as well as pull a trailer when needed. Sold it when I got orders to go to Germany.

1968 European version of the Ford Capri. Had a V6 engine that did really well keeping up on the autobahn. However, had severe body rust and not a lot of back seat room.

Nice list!

I am going to be optimistic and say that I have not bought (or won) it yet.

Favorite car…my 1990 Miata which I still have and was bought new 3/31/90. 82 Rx7 was second.

Favorite truck: Might have been a 1972 2wd GMC Jimmy with a big dent,4 bias-ply snows, removable top, all metal and rubber interior(great for hosing out), 3 speed on the floor installed with a big hole that somebody cut and would spray water all over my passenger if I hit a puddle(just right)…a gear box so sloppy that clutch was optional…and a glove box that would hole a 6 pack…and no heat…and bumpers that made quick work out of errant shopping carts…Nobody cut me off in that thing. Original cost $600

I had a 1966 Malibu 4 door with the 283 2 barrel and 2 speed Powerglide in maroon metallic… Great car, but I would have liked a 3 speed transmission while towing my camper trailer.

I almost bought one but that hydroelastic suspension scared me off. I borrowed one for the weekend, and was amazed at the room inside such a small car. The ride was smooth too.

My fav was a 67 Pontiac Catalina, gray in color so we called it the “Gray Ghost” or “Land Barge”. I bought it from my grandparents and since hindsight is 20/20 I wish I would have kept that car.

Two favorietes

First: 1962 Triumph TR4. For the time it outhandled anything Detroit made and was a true sports car.

Second: 1963 Nissan Sentra SE-R. Followed in the sports car tradition. Great handling plus plenty of power.

Was Nissan around in 1963 or this is a typo, maybe 1993?

Probably a typo; in 1963 all Nissans were called Datsuns, and the 510 model (the first funto drive Nissan) had not been introduced yet. My wife has a 1994, and the manual has separate specs for the R engine which is high performance. Car and Driver magazine called it a pocket rocket!

Thanks for the correction. The Bronco will go down in history as the most famous get-away vehicle since the Ford coupe used by Bonny and Clyde!