What type of car battery do I have?

I recently bought a Diehard Gold battery. This is the specific one:

Is this an AGM flat plate battery? It’s not a flooded battery, right? I bought a battery tester and it asks for the type. Nowhere online can I find confirmation of my battery type.

Thanks.

That’s a plain old flooded lead acid battery.

3 Likes

The description say’s it’s an AGM

Tester

2 replies and 2 different answers. The reference to AGM in the description is for the Diehard Platinum AGM battery. But it doesn’t say Gold AGM.

Thx for your answers. I think the best thing is to call Advance Auto in the morning and ask them.

Autozone description is confusing. It appears the Gold is conventional flooded cell, whereas the Platinum is AGM.
The caps on the battery looks like flooded cell battery.

1 Like

Thx. Appreciate that very much.

Thx so much.

Yes confusing,

The way I read it

• UL validated. Contributes to a Circular Economy.
    DieHard Platinum AGM,
    Platinum,
    Gold
    is describing that their 3 different types of batteries contain a minimum of 94% post-consumer recycled polypropylene and lead content using a closed-cycle mass balance system.

The battery the OP is showing is just the GOLD

Thanks all, for your input. I did just get diehard customer service on the line and they confirmed that the gold is flooded. Only the platinum is AGM as several of you have said. Have a great day.

1 Like

DieHard battery’s are Advance Auto parts… AutoZone is Duralast

And yes Gold is not AGM… Another thing that will let you know if an AGM or not (on the same group #)… Price… lol

Rock it back and forth.
If you don’t hear liquid sloshing about it’s either AGM or dried out.

1 Like

The photo shows 2 caps sitting on top. Maybe OP can just lift the caps, see if there is a liquid acid solution inside.