What to do with my lemon of a car?

But the chances of the cause being the same are extremely remote.

2 Likes

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Not enough data to know. But, this is the correct place to discuss it. To have that discussion without knowing the history of the other poster means lacking information.

Let me add here that this is simply different people with different viewpoints. I think the old postings are relevant. Others disagree. The forum management thinks its relevant, or old postings would automatically lock after a time. Their opinion is the only one that really counts.

Not quite correct. It has been said that Dysfunction ( sorry should be Discourse ) does not have the ability to close old threads.

Fair enough. Although I believe starting a new thread is more productive.
Lee Iacocca in his autobiography wrote that he required everything to be submitted to him in writing, because it forces people to think through what they want to say. I think starting a new thread has the same effect for a new poster.

And all true.

And this is the proper way to debate. None of it is personal, just differences of opinion on the subject of old threads. I respect that.

3 Likes

Oh boy seven years old again. I leave for a week and all there is is old posts. At any rate, if you get a problem car, there comes a point where you just get rid of it. Its like “why do I keep banging my head against the wall? Because it feels so good when I quit.”

Nope, the OP’s car is a 2008 and the reviver of the thread’s car is 2017 or 2018. Very different cars and the solution is likely no more similar that if it was a car from a completely different manufacturer.

1 Like