What should I work on next

Most of the time I used Goodyear tires but one time I decided to try the farm store brand. Don’t remember what brand they were but considerably cheaper. Turns out the cheap brand was actually more expensive on a per mile basis than the Goodyears. I’d get 90-105,000 miles on the Goodyears but only got 60-70,000 on the cheap brand.

For me I never own car long enough to put the 60-70,000 miles on it, so I always try to go with the cheapest most reliable one the place I go has in stock.

@bertrand You buy tires like most people buy tires - the cheapest ones that fit and only when you have to.

I can’t tell you how many people I know with expensive cars ($40K and up) and dirt cheap tires. The only thing between you and death are those 4 round black things. Just sayin’

1 Like

@bertrand “cheapest” and “most reliable” aren’t usually the same thing.

1 Like

To be blunt, just because someone has at some point in time gotten away with doing something dumb does not mean that you should continue doing dumb things.

That kind of thinking is, literally, why two NASA space shuttles were destroyed and 14 astronauts were killed.

Going on now 35+ years of doing it that way and have not had one issue with tires. I don’t see wasting money on something that you don’t have to. Get a good basic tire, drive like you have common sense and you will be fine…

Until you can’t because someone else did something stupid in your path. Just because you’ve always done it that way doesn’t mean it is right.

1 Like