What is the "least" smart thing you've ever done to a car?

@mrbreezeet1 Call this # ASAP, folks care and can help 1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or [info@nami.org]

2 Likes

No, that’s okay they’re going to want me to go to the doctors my car is down right now and I can’t I can’t fix it right now

there is telehealth sites that you can call and get help or advive over the phone…
Review: Is GetCerebral.com Legit For Anxiety And Depression in 2021? (fithealthymomma.com)

Get Started (betterhelp.com)

4 Likes

I’m glad He kept me around, a wife and 2 kids later. I didn’t always feel that way. Life isn’t always fun, but it isn’t always bad either. In the end, Jesus Christ comes back - and we need to be ready. Nothing else matters much. I’ll probably get “flagged” for saying that, but knowing the ultimate outcome helps me keep things in perspective. You can message me if you want to know more. Either way, hang in there, man.

5 Likes

If you can’t drive to the doctor’s office:

1. Call your doctor’s office immediately…
  2. If they’re not immediately available, call your local Health Department or Local Hospital
  3. If they’re not immediately available, call 311 or 911.

If you broke your arm you’d want to get immediate medical attention and this is no different.
Do it now.

4 Likes

you also have family, friends, church. I’m sure they all will be glad to help you get through this. probably will even help getting your car on the road. all you have to do now is ask for help.

A friend’s son served as a Marine in Iraq in the oughts. He was stationed in North Carolina, fell in love with a girl from California. When he got out, he used his moving allowance by renting a trailer, loading it up with concrete at Home Depot, driving to San Diego, returning the concrete. I was appalled, but his parents thought him clever. He wasn’t that clever, so I suspect lots of people do it.

@mrbreezeet1 I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. Other people have given you lots of good suggestions, but I can speak generally with respect to crisis mental health services. If you’re worried about calling someone because you’re concerned you’ll get locked up and hospitalized, don’t let that stop you. The most important piece is getting through to someone who will help you make a plan to stay safe and connected to get you through this hardest time; this is what people in crisis services work on with you first. Even if you were hospitalized, it’s not anything to be ashamed of. We are friendly strangers on the internet, but your local resources can give you more concrete help. Good luck.

8 Likes

I was once walking around the office on a bad day with my head down, talking to myself, and a young lady on my staff said to me “cheer up boss, things could be worse”, so I cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse.

2 Likes

@mrbreezeet1 Please call the number @SteveCBT gave you. Don’t wait. Please. All life is sacred, all mental health is sacred. Depression is nothing to be ashamed of. Nor does it have to be a permanent state of mind.

I’m going to publically say here what only a few close, trusted people know, because YOUR life may depend I my sharing this.

Five years ago I hit emotional, mental rock bottom for several reasons but I failed to ask for help because I thought I shouldn’t burden anyone, would have to face unpleasant consequences if I asked help, and just was done with making any positive effort on my own behalf. I nearly took my life because of all the reasons people feeling as you are feeling have for avoiding seeking help. Thankfully a friend realized I was in trouble, intervened, and got me the help I needed.

We may be strangers on the internet but I and others here DO care for your safety, well being, and safe health.

You do not have to remain feeling as you do. Non-judgmental, caring help is available. I know, I’ve been there. And every single day since I have thanked God I reached out for and accepted help. And now I can honestly say that since getting and accepting the help I needed that I am the most emotionally and mentally healthy I have ever been in my 66 years of life.

Please make that call. Make it now.

6 Likes

Maybe he is, but I think all who responded chose to extend a bit of grace. He’s posted here before. I’d rather be wrong in being kind than not, but we’ll see how it plays out.

6 Likes

Have you told a doctor?

I replaced the right front cv axle, engine mounts, and spark plugs myself when all it needed was a transmission dump and fill. That slight vibration may just be your transmission fluid needing to be changed. Learned a lot and won’t do that again. I hope.