What a laugh! Fusion Sealer won't fix THAT head gasket

LOL… Those vehicles must have been treated also @Rod_Knox ! Its a miracle product !

1 Like

It took me a minute, but…

5 Likes

And some people in the past have argued with me about whether or not an air cooled VW has a thermostat or an early Subaru manual transmisson has a freeze plug… :smile:

I have absolutely no doubts that they have @ok4450 !! My Lord the things I have heard out there.

I used to correct all those would be “car guys” out there, but since their numbers are clearly growing and I am out numbered almost at every turn, at some point in time, I began to see just how much BS I could listen to and NOT correct them.

Maybe this is what they mean by maturity? I will be honest however, even though I pull it off, I have had great difficulty in practicing the latter and keeping my mouth shut. Its sort of a new exercise for me. Personal growth maybe

People here in Minnesota sometimes marvel when they see an old C4 Corvette. “No body rust at all!”

… You don’t say.

3 Likes

Just don’t look at the frame.

4 Likes

Word on the street around here @shadowfax is that lack of rust is because GM used to use a much higher grade of primer back then… before switching to that stuff made overseas. That’s what “they” say anyway… lol

Aww man this could go on and on… Ad Nauseum

4 Likes

You ought to be in a Corvette during a high speed collision. I went through that with my 59 and it literally exploded. There was nothing but a gray/white cloud of fiberglass dust.

Odd thing is the lap belts were not in use and neither me nor my friend who was with me got a single scratch or bruise out of it.

1 Like

Jeezoo man… That does not sound good @ok4450 , its amazing to have been able to walk away from something like that. Must have been a really violent happening, that incident. I wouldn’t want to have witnessed let alone been in that one i can tell you right now.

For the most part, these head gasket sealers are to limp a junker along a few months until you can get a new car. If you plan to fix it, these may make that more difficult by gumming stuff up.

I knew a guy who was out of work and someone gave him a car with a blown head gasket. It was basically junk but it ran. He bought a $40 can of that miracle in a can and followed the directions. The head gasket sealed so he sold the other better car to get a little money in his hands. He drove the crap car while out of work and found a job. He was driving it to the jobsite and it was doing OK but he could also tell the transmission was questionable. Then it started missing and white smoke pouring out the tailpipe again and he knew the HG patch was giving it up. He took it in and got some scrap value trade in on it and got a decent used car. I wouldn’t say this stuff is good if you care about the car, but in this guy’s situation, it worked well. The rest of the car was junk. The body was rusted and the transmission iffy so why not limp it along for a few months with this goop?

On the other hand, I know a guy who did it and got 100,000 more miles out of a truck before he sold it. It was still running just fine.

When I was a young girl, a guy in a fiberglass body Corvette (snazzy looking car!) rear ended my parents’ 1956 Olds. I remember it was a pretty hard jolt when he hit us. The back bumper on our Olds had a tiny dent and minor scratch in the chrome. The Corvette’s entire front end, doors, and rear quarter panels were riddled with a spiderweb of cracks with entire chunks disintegrated. What was even more astonishing was seeing and hearing the cracks continue to spread for some minutes after the collision. To my mom’s disapproval the guy who hit us voiced some language new to my tender young ears.

I can tell you that yes any type of product like this is a bandaid, however fusion sealer is different, its not a silicate/liquid glass substance like the rest of whats on the market. It is a 2 part epoxy product, it is very strong and does work. My 4.2 audi a8 is an aluminum block and head vehicle, and the normal products just wont do jack, ive been running for a little over 2 years around 30000 miles with the fusion sealer and it hasnt let me down. Im not trying to sell this product, im not a believer normally in this type of crud, and the proper fix is to replace the head gasket. However, in order for me to do that i have to completely remove the engine, pita, or pay a shop around $6000 us, to do it for me. Just my experience, but it is different, and way more expensive than usual produces, around $140, but it saved me from having to take my car apart, or paying more than its worth for someone else to do it.