Wet Driver's Side Window won't go down

Yes, it is the interior horizontal weather strip.

Was the tinting an addon by you? If so did you have the problem before the tinting.

Spraying lubricant on the glass run (vertical weatherstrip) won’t straighten the belt line weatherstrip. Did you attempt to pull the weatherstrip back into position?

The window tint was professionally applied back in 2013. I have never had any issues with the windows or tint since it was applied.

I have done my best to attempt to pull the weatherstrip back into position, but I am unable to roll my window down far enough to actually push on it.

Unfortunately, I am taking it into Subaru tomorrow. I hate to do it, but it’s probably the best way to deal with it. I do have the comprehensive extended warranty, so I should be ok (hopefully). Thanks all!

You would likely need to take in in for repair anyway, there is possibly something wrong with the window motor. I have seen many inner belt line w/strips rolled under but this has never stopped a window from working. Does the glass go down 1/2" then bind up on the weatherstrip?

Yep, that’s exactly what it does! I can then roll it back up and the weather stripping goes back to what appears to be normal. There’s obviously an issue with it or the motor. We will see tomorrow. I will report back.

I misinterpreted your original post. I thought the issue was with the channels at the front and back of the glass. Sorry.

Hey guys, so I ended up taking the car into Subaru. They found that the interior weather stripping was bad and binding up when the window was opened.

So, here is my issue: When I took the car in, I told the service advisor to PLEASE have the technician be careful and NOT scratch my window tint. He stated that he would, and on the service order, he wrote “Please do not scratch window tint” Well, I get the car back and start leaving the parking lot and notice about 5 horizontal scratches halfway across my window (one they worked on). There were NO scratches prior to my appointment today, and i told the service advisor that at the beginning.

Anyway, I went in and apparently, the service manager was “busy.” I asked for him to contact me. He never did. I then called 3 more times, one time I was sent to his voicemail where I left a message. I then sent an e-mail and copied the General Manager of Subaru on it.

I called my window tinter, and it will cost about $60 to have the old tint removed and the new tint applied. I am so upset about this. I then sent an e-mail with all of my contact information to Subaru of America. I don’t think I should have to eat this, especially where I even blatanly stated NOT to scratch the window tint. Is it that hard for someone to repair something inside a door without scratching the f-ing window tint?

I am so mad. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I think they should either cover the cost of the tint, or give me a free synthetic oil change, etc. Totally bogus!

Would anyone standing 10 feet away from the car notice these scratches? Do they affect the functioning of the tint? If not, forget it. Oh, did they fix the binding?

Sometimes scratching the tint is unavoidable. It is difficult removing the door panel with the window up, the window should be down.

Give your service advisor a chance to respond, they may have an in house tint man.

If the dealership shop agree it is now scratched and it wasn’t before, I expect they’ll come up with a way to make you whole again. The reason you haven’t received a call-back is probably b/c they are busy with other customer cars. Not cars with scratches, but cars that aren’t running and the customer needs them fixed straight away to get back and forth to work. I think you understand they have to treat those cars with a higher priority. But if you are patient I think they’ll fix your problem for you.

The problem with an in-house tinter is that their film will most likely NOT match the film that is currently on the car. Window tint varies in color (as you look out) depending on the film manufacturer, and there are quite a few.

I understand it is difficult removing a door panel with the window up, but they could have done SOMETHING to cover the tint. You can’t tell me this is the first car they’ve removed a panel on with tint. If that is how it is, then they might as well just have the window tinter cost included in the bill (if you want to use their tinter) OR tell you that it will most likely scratch the tint. My service advisor even wrote “Please don’t scratch the tint” on the tech’s paperwork.

I am NOT happy…

Call the waaaaaaaambulance…

Screw off insightful! If you don’t have anything positive or informative, then don’t bother!

Here’s something informative: Don’t insult mechanics by telling them how to do their job.