Welcome to the Car Talk Community

I get it. I’ve got so many pet peeves they’d fill an SPCA.

2 Likes

Sometimes when you close a discussion without comment, I wish you’d post an onomatopoeia like “boop” or “yoink,” just for fun, and so you’d have the last word.

Funny you mention. I need a soundboard because sometimes I hear it in my head. The sound depends on the context. Sometimes I hear a gong. Others, a simple yoink. And on others Yakety Sax just plays.

4 Likes

Why do my new topics disappear while I am creating them.

And speaking of onomatopoeia, what kind of car is John Prine sitting in?

Huh. It’s hard for me to say, because I can’t trace a thread that was never created. What happens? Are you typing in the box and you’re navigated out of the page?

My post disappears as I am typing and the page goes to a search result. When I try to find a way back, I cannot get back to my post to edit it. It just is gone. When I try to reenter the post anew, I get a message that the post is in place but I still cannot get back to the post to add or edit.

I vote for the “doink” sound from law and order.

3 Likes

I had to blow up your avatar and do a google search of the first few words, which I could barely make out, in order to figure out what it says, but now that I have, it was totally worth the effort.

3 Likes

Isn’t that the wrong quote ?

I thought it was ( If you can’t say something nice about someone you can be president of the US )

2 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

Please, I beg you…don’t go there.

2 Likes

Hi, what’s up.

Mazda RX8 for now - something over 7 years.

Mazda RX8* IKR

To be completely sincere - I saw link to you on https://www.discourse.org/ community platform.

Pre-planing community for people struggling with addictions support group for those fighting for fredoom. Checking out now, doing research those who already lead community themselfs based on Discourse.

I like it very much - already saw topics like giving nick names to cars. lol.

I think I will stay - also where are you guys located? I’m from UK, also I wanna ask those from US - how I coudn’t find anything related to the https://vinwiki.com/

This so cool app. damn.

Okay fam - stay safe and be blessed. peace.

@cdaquila Carolyn do you want to move this to General Discussion ?

Also is the link considered Spam ?

2 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you for bringing in the SPAM issue @VOLVO-V70 Really curios how you see and treat it here.

I don’t wanna shut myself in the foot but kind of it’s a SPAM what I did - I just joined and shill a link while saying hello. Kind of is but on the other hand, I share about cool stuff. No cookies, referrals just sharing a cool app.

As I said - building community myself - curious to know how you dealing with this, some community guidelines.

Yeah, one… lol
behave

Reall

This Forum has a very good Moderator named Carolyn and when in doubt most of us let her decide if it Spam or not . Obvious Spam attempts get Flagged by the members .

1 Like

for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. flag me

Thank you for identify.

1 Like

When a new member on this message board makes their first post attempting to be friendly we always call the police.

2 Likes