Water Sloushing sound When Accelerating

When I accelrate I hear water slousing around in what sounds like my engine. It is loud and annyoiing. My vehicle runs great and no enginer lights are on. I reencelty had a major tune and had the radiator flushed. My SUV has 138K miles. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

The sloshing noise may be caused from air in the cooling system.

If there’s air in the system, it ends up in the heater core because it’s the highest point in the cooling system. When you accelerate, the water pump spins faster pushing coolant into the heater core forcing the air out causing the sloshing noise.

To remove any air from the cooling system, get the engine up to operating temperature. With the engine idling loosen the upper radiator hose clamp. take a small flat bladed screwdriver and slip it between the upper radiator hose and the radiator hose neck. Allow the engine to idle until all that comes out from the radiator hose is coolant. Retighten the hose clamp.

Tester

Thank you so much. I will pass this on to my husband. My fingers are crossed.

Hi. If you don’t mind me asking did this end up working?

It is too easy to addon to an old thread , this one is 12 years old so they might not even be looking at this forum anymore.

Your best bet is to go to the main page and click on New Topic button and start your own thread. Put the vehicle in and the problems you have and you will get better help.

Honestly thank you so much. I saw the Aug 10 and I thought it meant August 10th this year and not August 2010

1 Like