Water pump replaced then engine sounds like helicopter

The only noise that is comparable to a helicopter is a spark plug blown out of the head.

@RodKnox have you ever heard a mechanical fan with a clutch working overtime trying to cool down an overheating engine?

I have and it’s DEAFENING

The only examples of helicopters that I can find have the rotor noise totally blown over by CCR. But I do recall some loud fans on police interceptor Fords when they were left idling. Maybe the OP can link up some audio.

I believe the helicopter sound was on saturday, today the car has a used engine with a loose hose.

@Nevada545 we’re not talking about when that noise occurred.

We’re discussing what a hardworking fan sounds like.

Right?

By the way, I’ve followed this thread from the beginning.
I’m well aware of the current situation with the “new used” engine with the failed hose.

We know what a fan sounds like, I was responding to Rod Knox’s request for a audio link.

I just got my car back a few hours ago. So far so good. And yes, I did pull over and get the car towed immediately after the car overheated. I will continue to monitor the new used engine. Thanks for the advice.

@Jackie911 thanks for the update.

Good luck!

Just figuring out timeline here. Motor 1 leaked, got hot, new waterpump, than sounded loud. Which I assume means it was damaged? Dealer said so, u got 2nd motor. And it sounded fine, but hose leaked. No damage was done to 2nd motor, which is good.

Yes, that’s all correct information