Water Leak

I have a 2000 Saturn SL2 with a 1.9 liter dual overhead cam engine and I was told that my intake manifold is cracked? how do I check to verify that this is the actual problem? please help. Thanks, Mel

Intake manifolds don’t crack. They don’t leak water even if they do.

There are fittings that screw or snap into an intake manifold that can crack and leak coolant. The GM 2.8 and 3.1, 4.3 5.7 all have a hose carrying coolant that snaps into a fitting on the intake. Part of this assembley is made of cast material that is very weak. The 2.8 and 3.1 can really cost some money to fix (new intake). Let me look on EBSCO (online repair manual) and perhaps I see a place that can leak coolant on you engines intake.

I did not see any pictures of your manifold but your manifold does have a heater hose connection that can leak. I had to look at year model 1999 to even see the 1.9 engine mentioned.

In your case were you told what kind of problem this cracked intake was causing?

Thanks for your help; the mechanic said water was possibly leaking from a cracked manifold? he tightened the heater hose connection which was loose but this did not help; perhaps the hose itself is leaking? there is a definite big leak but not sure where its coming from? It seems to leak onto the ground as opposed to on the engine - no smoke or steam when leaking