Was handed the keys to my malfunctioning car, we can't fix it. HELP

Keep an accurate record of that phone call, when it happened, and its contents, b/c that info might be important when dealing w/Hyundai Corp, should that be needed. I don’t consider that response acceptable myself, since you apparently asked them to let one of their techs drive it as their daily. You’re taking on a big downside b/c you lose access to the vehicle. So they should be more accommodating imo to your request, just good business practice.

Symptoms like that would make me suspicious of the PCM. I can’t prove it’s bad but some dealers don’t even try. Too much risk I guess.

Have you corrected this problem with the used car warranty division? I have seen many instances where the used car warranty was not recorded, sometimes because funds were not sent. When the service writer calls in a claim it is rejected because there is no warranty on file. Sometimes the dealer pays for the repair and takes the loss but not always.

The powertrain warranty on your car expired at 60,000 miles, for this reason your car problems are a low priority for the manufacture, Hyundai. They won’t send a field technician out to repair your car, they may send an email to the dealer noting you concern, don’t expect more.

1 Like

Hmmmm, power train control module, sounds like that is something to add to the list, sounds expensive :sunglasses:

From the Hyundai website CPO limited 100,000 power train warranty.
https://m.hyundaiusa.com/certified/

As to it being recorded with the big Hyundai people in the sky, they claim, as long as I have the paperwork and the dealer files a claim it will be covered

Thank you love, I am enjoying all the imput

I figured that. That’s why I made the “(wink, wink)” comment. The reason I mentioned dealer owner/principal is because they can/will sometimes make things happen that others in the place won’t/can’t. Often they understand what “word of mouth” “advertising” by customers is worth, good or negative. It can make or break a business and some are more involved than others. I have worked at car dealers in a former life for probably more than half a decade.

I certainly appreciate your looking at other car brands for your next purchase. Once (or several times) bitten, twice shy.

Also, consider this: Some owner/principals own several dealerships, often different car brands, sometimes in the same location. If one dealer gave you outstanding care, but you didn’t care for the product, you might consider staying with them in another brand.

CSA

1 Like