Van overheating

Hi guys, I’m looking to buy a van and I found one on craigslist and i need to know if it is worth it. They say it has an overheating issue. This is what the advertisement says:

At present the van runs fine when the engine is cold. It has one quirk, after about 30 to 40 minutes of driving
sometimes the engine wants to stall at low rpm such as when the van is coming to a stop.

Here is the link to the ad.
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/cto/2482967265.html

Thanks for the help!

Josh

“At present the van runs fine when the engine is cold. It has one quirk, after about 30 to 40 minutes of driving sometimes the engine wants to stall at low rpm such as when the van is coming to a stop. The van handles short distances, but I don’t recommend it for longer trips until you are able to fix this issue.”

1. No overheating issue is mentioned, only that it runs fine until it warms up.
  2. Your on an island for heavens sake, how long of a trip could you take?
  3. 20yr old van with 245K and known drive-ability issues, and your even considering it?
  4. If it was worth fixing they would be fixing it not selling it.

read the ad again. the answer is right there. He says: One of the easiest engines to work on. But then why hasn’t he fixed it???

Cause it isn’t worth it! He is just trying to unload it onto an unsuspecting buyer.

Keep looking.

From what I have seen on ‘Dog’ alot of people live in vehicles in HI. if that is what you need, then, maybe… maybe. but as a daily driver nope! going up and down those hills will kill it completely.