Vacuum Cleaner-Oil Drain Plug

The good folks at a chain store overfilled my crankcase (looked to be about a gallon )drove like that a while and decided not drive it that way anymore (so in dark of the evening ,engine hot) I yanked plug Burnt a blister on my finger ,when I managed to get plug back in ,the oil level was right on the money . And I was able to catch the excess , about a gal ,it seemed .

Why would anybody do this? The OP suggests that it would be justified if you’re changing the drain plug or crush washer on the plug, I believe that I would simply drain the oil at normal oil change time or catch the oil in a pan and re-fill if not at oil change time. But it’s his time, his money, his video. I simply don’t see me ever doing it. Rocketman

I wonder what state the vacuum cleaner was in when this was done…

Bill, watch the end of the video in the first post.

Really I think its more work than its worth. My Olds takes 8 quarts which is more than my drain pan will hold. So I have to drain half out and put the plug back in and empty the drain pan. Takes me about two minutes for the switch. I’m sure it works, just don’t see the need except in extreme circumstances.

More than it is worth for sure, Imagine I could swap plugs doing the thumb over drain hole and loose 1/2 qt max, but probably less than a cup, but as noted previously due to someones burn experience, make sure engine is cool to avoid burns.