Upcoming Migration of the Car Talk Community

@VDCdriver What is a conservative mindset? Somebody who supports conservation?

"What is a conservative mindset? Somebody who supports conservation?"

That type of mindset opposes change of any type, be it automotive, or technological, or societal, or…

Proverbial dianasaur? Head in the sand? Change is a constant imho, though the pendulim swings from one side to the other.

^
All I can do is to refer you to dictionary definitions, such as:
con·serv·a·tive

1. Holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool, hidebound, unadventurous, set in one’s ways; moderate, middle-of-the-road, buttoned-down;

1. A person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics.

As to being a proverbial “diana saur”, I have to say that I am not familiar with that woman.
I recall Dinah Shore and her love for Chevys, but I don’t know who Diana Saur might be.
What kind of car does/did she favor?
Did she invent sauerkraut?

:smiley:

I want a tail with spikes!

Sorry not car related, wheels with spikes?

1 Like

It will take awhile to get used to the new format but it shows some promise
:thumbsup:

So that’s what happened. Haven’t logged in in awhile and was wondering what had happened, especially when my bookmarked page said it was no longer available, but still allowed a log in.

That’s the Mad Max option, which is becoming far too popular IMO.

It was somewhat of a pain to sign in as like so many reincarnations someone thinks it’s fun to throw useless obstacles into a gauntlet for those becoming freshmen again to run… RAH-RAH-RAH, HAH-HAH-HAH.

Oh well. Time will tell.

Do any of your cell phone services have 4G? If so then get a good cell-phone that supports 4G and use it as a hot-spot…or just buy a hot-spot device. Get unlimited data, or as high as you can. 4G is about as good as DSL. I’ve had to use it a few times when in a rural area and no WiFi or when I was waiting at home for Comcast to fix our cable. It was very fast.

Hey, where am I?
I was tumbling around and there were flashing lights and lots of wind and noise! :dizzy_face:

This looks like a strange place. I’m a little battered and shaken, but now I need to find a map, some food and water, and figure out how to get around.

I guess the important thing is…
I made it! :slight_smile:
Right? Can anybody hear me or see me? :fearful:
CSA

Yes we can…

The page scroll is flipping up and down, possibly to center the adds, and the look is entirely different but it seems to work.

This will take a little getting used to…

I can see your post, but I can’t hear you.
Could you speak a little louder?
:wink:

CSA! You made it! I remember years back when we exchanged some emails
because you got locked out of your account for a while. This is progress.

As for the flipping screen and the abnormality of the ads, @mustangman, we
are working on it.

1 Like

Yes, this–like most new things–will take a bit of getting used to.
So far, in addition to different functionality, I note that the overall appearance is…a bit bland.

:unamused:

Thanks @Mustangman!

This is awesome! It seems to work with my low-tech / no-tech (currently 48.0 kbps) computer connection. I had my doubts, but if it works with my set-up, it’ll work with anything.

@Carolyn, @Victoria, @Doug, and crew… Good work! Thanks!

CSA

1 Like

I can’t see any ads. Should I be seeing them?

That’s sometimes the stuff that is the kiss of death for my slow connection speed. I don’t know anything about PCs, but I think it drags me down to too slow.

I hope they work as well as the rest of the site seems to be.
CSA

Ads? I see paragraph after paragraph of “see also”. Also what happened to the page numbers?
Glad you made it anyway but it’ll take a while to get comfortable with this.

glad to see you can sitll make it here @common_sense_answer

@bing, there are no more page numbers. After years of squinting, we’ve
moved to the “infinite scroll.” :slight_smile: