Universal seats with Corbeau bracket mount?

Hey guys, I’m looking to put some new bucket seats in my car. I don’t want to buy super expensive seats but I still want to use corbeau brackets because of the quality and reusability. If I get some run of the mill universal seats would it be possible(and safe) to modify the brackets to fit the seats? Thanks.

I’d use whatever high-quality bracket that was an exact match for my chosen seat, no mods if at all possible.

2 Likes

Have you even concidered the air bag sensors in the replacement seats might not work (if they even have them ) ? If your area has inspections you might not pass after you change the seats .

1 Like

Agree with @texases … The Corbeau brackets are direct bolt-on to replace the factory tracks. They are made for “bottom mount” seats like the Corbeau. If you buy another brand of aftermarket seats, be sure they are bottom mount types. You might have incompatible mounting holes requiring some design on your part… likely drill the Corbeau mounts… or drill the seats. Use grade 5 (or metric 8.8) bolts for all of it. Do NOT use unmarked bolts!

Corbeau seats are not a particularly premium seat. They aren’t the cheapest but they aren’t Recaros either. I’d be concerned using one much cheaper considering you can’t try it out before you buy it.

If this is a 2004 or earlier Mustang, your passenger airbag won’t work unless you trigger it to be always ON… If this is a 2005-up car, you’ll lose the airbags IN the seats and none of the airbags will work at all un less you trick the system that you still have them…then at least the steering wheel and dash bags will work.

1 Like

It’s entirely possible OP doesn’t have airbags. I put del Sol seats in my CRX and didn’t impact the airbag functionality one bit! :smiley:

This is a 2009 Ford Mustang and it does have Air Bags.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted some cool bucket seats but it’s not worth sacrificing my airbags. I had no clue replacing the seats would eliminate all my airbags. I’ll just stick with some seat covers lol

1 Like

Well, I want cool seats too… I keep an eye out for used Ford Recaros installed in Shelby models because they have air bags!

Katzkin makes great leather seatcovers that replace the factory upholstery and work well with the airbags.

2 Likes

I missed the 2009 part. Probably because I’m guessing it was posted in another thread. I’m always impressed with your memory for what people have posted elsewhere. I barely remember what I wrote 5 minutes ago. :wink: