Twin turbo-ing my mustang?

Oooh, this is always fun! I had 275/40/18s on 18x10 wide wheels with a 45mm positive offset on all 4 corners of my S197. It really looked good with so much tire. 1.25 inch lowering springs, no spacers and no rubs.

1 Like

Nice. The options for Mustangs are just about unlimited.

2 Likes

very interesting information, thank you very much !

1 Like

yes i got 4 nice AM rims from a pick your parts junkyard for cheap, they are 19"x8.5",
honestly i don’t know much about tyres at all. I will have to get different tyres that fit the new dimension of my rims. I don’t know rlly know the difference between different tyres. I’m not sure whether to go for good used tyres (cheaper) or newer grippier ones. I know a good tyre shop who work for cheap they told me to give them the dimensions and they’ll see what they have.

Apex wheels has a great wheel and tire guide. See link

Your19x8.5s are close enough to 19x9s. Shows a 255/40/19 is the right size for that wheel. 255s will fit your car well. They list a few tire models and their uses, too. Depends on the weather you need to deal with.

2 Likes

I ran across an add on FB for an 1 of 445 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger with the 2.2L turbo 4 for $2500 obo. Says it needs carpet and the turbo may need rebuilt, and some lunkhead painted the thing yellow when it is supposed to be 1 of 445 maroon colored version for that year.
If I had the extra spending cash, I’d be interested in it since it’s a rare vehicle, just not a desirable one. I know I would probably spend more on the paint job than the car would be worth whole and fully functional, but it would be a neat car to own.

ok great thanks, il check the link

Gosh, I wish I were young and dumb again.

Fixed it for you. :smile:

2 Likes

RE: Young and dumb or young and naive.

In the companies I’ve worked for over the years, the biggest breakthroughs in new ideas often came from the enthusiastic young employees with a “we can do anything” idealistic attitude.

2 Likes