Turning key won't start car

I don’t feel a starter inhibit function is related to the seat belt…when this first started the battery store who installed my battery a yr. ago + just checked it out for me and just mentioned to turn key part way on and THEN attach safety belt and this would eliminate some draw on my battery, so that is why I do that. Lights blinking message for me to attach safety belt draws on battery, he said. simple. also, this problem was going on prior to new starter being installed 7/22/11. thanks.sallyran

hi oldschool. starter is lifetime warranty I see. I will call mechanic Monday 9th & ask him if he checked out started with a remote stater switch hooked to the starter. boy! this is tough. thanks. sallyran

asked him today & mechanic said it isn’t my starter…he checked it out. He didn’t hook it to remote starter switch, but he said there was no power to e. something on solenoid when he checked it & that means the starter is ok, he said. this guy has been in business for 32 yrs. and has some of the same mechanics when he started so I trusted him…but vehicles are lots different nowdays. SallyRan

have to correct my last reply…mechanic “said starter is ok” , but I am wondering…I appreciate “old school”'s opinion…I am getting totally disgusted because this is not a problem that shows up like bad fuel pump, bad part, but this mechanic I had is doing “process of elimination”, looks like. i know he didn;'t perform 6 hrs. of labor on my car, he just had to let it sit and then see if it started ok when he turned key every once in while…thanks all. ss

I am finding out that this is NOT a problem that can be fixed or even worked on by the car sitting in a mechanic’s garage & him trying to start it every once in a while…I tried this at home & it starts ok all day, but when I drive it several miles & make 5-7 stops, at one time or another mostly at the last of the stops), turning the key does not start the car. I have to keep turning it several times at least, then it starts. ss