Transmission

then don’t talk on here if you don’t know…and i don’t need bs from ppl like you don’t know crap about cars got that

“grammaticle”

:-))

Don’t be misled by simply checking the coolant level in the reservoir. You could have sprung a leak at the water pump and it could be leaking only when the pump is spinning. You clearly sprung some sort of leak, and pink gel points to there being more going on than a simple leak.

I would recommend that you get the car towed to a trusted shop. There’s too little information here for us to accurately post a diagnosis and you’ll need to get it to a shop for repair anyway.

Sincere best.

“Grammatical” oops! Perfect placement there.

At OP : I know a lot more then you obviously. Cant diagnose a car online with somebody who isn’t truthful about all the symptoms. GOT THAT

None of this was about “grammar” until @Fender made it that way. It was about asking for clarification of the actual symptom being described.

To say a car is “spurding” simply doesn’t describe anything, so the requests were for a better description. I don’t care anymore though as I am completely disinclined to assist at this point.

+1 to cigroller’s comment.

Some folks are easy to help, and with others, it can be a chore.
And, if further information isn’t forthcoming when requested, the process begins to resemble the extraction of wisdom teeth.

I clearly wasn’t trying to make it about grammar in the first place as I was trying to help the OP from the beginning. As I was trying to ask questions and diagnose, 3 different posts were about defining spurd or high-lighting lick. Seemed to almost be poking fun. I was simply saying I think its obvious what the OP meant and was trying to move on and figure it out.

What annoys me personally is that the OP tells me this and that is fine, as we go through the checklist, and then way after the fact, oh by the way the radiator leaks. That changes things.

Oh well thats what you get for trying to help people. Good luck dude!

I hope that if I’m ever stuck in Italy or Greece and need help the locals will be kind enough to not criticize my Italian or Greek. I try to be enough of a man to imagine myself in the other man’s shoes, so to speak.

None of it came from criticizing language. It came from asking for clarification and getting nothing out of that.

i did find a leak coming from one of the transmission lines…the leak is close to the radiator.i did see it droping from the spot.which line i really can’t tell you…i have to take alot stuff off first and i am sorry for what i said thanks

You have done nothing for which you owe us an apology. In my opinion, we owe you one.

Anyway, it sounds like a bad radiator. In that car the radiator and the transmission cooler are built into two different areas of the same radiator. Sometimes when the radiator corrodes inside the two fluids can mix. It sounds like you might have had that problem and the problem of corrosion creating a leak to the outside.

What I’d recommend is that you change the radiator, flush and refill the transmission and the engine cooling system, and see if all is well. If I’m right, that should fix the car.

“radiator licking coolant from the side”

Your radiator is done for

Replace it

by the way, there is a transmission cooler built into the radiator

I suspect once the radiator is replaced, your problems are solved

That could be a pretty good outcome. A radiator would be way cheaper than a transmission rebuild! It would also explain pink gel in the front area of the car.

Crappy situation but perhaps one of the best possible outcomes!

http://www.radiatorexpress.com/product.asp?part_id=39799&aaia_id=1139015

Just from a quick search I found one for a 96 lx and its $83.

If you are mechanical enough to pull spark plugs you can do this job I bet. Just gotta drain the coolant fully, and the trans so both get all new fluid.

What is spurding? Does the car drive fine? How big is the puddle of fluid? Did you check if the transmission cooler lines running to the radiator are leaking? How about the power steering fluid?

The problem isn’t that the people here don’t know cars, it is rather that they are having to wade through you poor English and lack of descriptive powers.

I believe “spurding” is just a misspelling of “spurting”.

Well, I believe that the OP is trying to say the car is sputtering".

You’re right NYBo. I was thinking of another post, the one with the pink gel.
I should have gone back to the original post before making any assumptions.