Transmission questions

I own a 2000 Ford F250 4x4 equipped with the 5.4L and an auto trans that was purchased 2 yrs ago. Last summer we had some noise and leaks from the trans. Dealership fixed us with with a new pump and torque converter, fixed the problem. Now I have an issue where the truck will go into reverse, but will not go into any forward gears. Fuid level is fine, no signs or symptoms of overheating, no noises, or symptoms of something obvious. My son drives the truck and has stated that sometimes the park/safty switch gives him problems when trying to start the vehicle, he has to “wiggle” the shifter (or put in Nuetral) to get it to start. I’m thinking maybe the shifter/linkage may be loose or something, rather than a real transmission problem. Any response would be welcomed and thanks in advance.

Well, a shift linkage problem is certain within the realm of possibility. And there’s only one way to find out. So has anyone looked?

That would definitely be the best place to start.

transman

Dealer said it needs a whole new transmission but I don’t want to take it back to the dealer due to their attitude.