Transmission Problem after Maintenance Service

I expect there’s a way to check the fluid level on those transmissions without a dipstick, but it probably requires special equipment that a diy’er might not have access to. If there was no way to check the fluid level it would be impossible to refill it to the proper level after fixing a leak.

There is a way to put the transmission in check mode, without the use of a scan tool. I won’t bother to go through it, though

And when you reach the correct temperature . . . for checking fluid level . . . you remove the fill plug to check for the proper fluid level

But I don’t expect very few DIYers to do this

It was fine for a 200 mile trip, then was sitting around unused for 3 weeks, then the problem was there. Transmission didn’t fail progressively to where it won’t move until 6k rpm.

oldtimer_11, I am not sure which model car you have. My Toyota (both camry and corolla) have dipsticks for transmission fluid. The manual doesn’t tell you about it, but there’s an unmarked dipstick next to the battery + terminal in both cars. That’s for transmission fluid.