Transmission issue or just bad driving?

nope automatic

Ok i need to test a little more but from what i just saw when i floor the gas for about 3-4 secs while goin at 40 the car gets loud like its goin super fast but its not lol rpm shoots up to 3-4 and the speedometer VERY SLOWLY crawls up. Its like centimeters but it IS moving up

SO good news and bad news. Good news is the transmission DID have a 12 month warranty. The bad news. It was put in back in march/april last year, after that the car sat in the driveway for 6 months because there was something else that needed to be fixed before it was driveable (the TCU or some computer in the car) that finally got done last october, so while the car itselllf has only been being driven 6 months since the repairs were done, that new transmission sat unused for 6 months of its 12 month warranty thus if something IS wrong with it I dont think its covered anymore.

It is STILL Aprilā€¦

It does not matter what you think. Call the repair shop and get a real answer because it is apparent there is a transmission problem. And if this vehicle belongs to someone else as I suspect they need to call .

well at this point, as you know from the other post, Id say I currently have a more important issue to sort out

OK, try this . Call the transmission shop and let them know the transmission may have a problem but collision damage has to be repaired first and they may extend the warranty period. After you get all these solved it might be best to never borrow a vehicle again.

and why not? if its ā€œbecause something can happen to it againā€ Yes it COULD but the same thing could also happen in my OWN vehicle soooo what difference would it make?

Sounds like all bad news. Now, since youā€™ve given the transmission a good whack in your accident, Iā€™d be amazed if the trans shop warrants it.

1 Like

well based on the damage to the vehicle id say 90-95% of the damage is on the body. Thus I doubt the transmission was hurt at all by it

That sounds like an engine performance problem, lack of power. The engine should continue pulling to above 5000 RPMs.

now THAT I wouldnt have a hard time believing considering its at 155k miles

Do you understand that the force that pushed the top of the wheel inward also pushed the axle directly into the transmission? Iā€™m not saying the trans was necessarily hurt by it, only that it provides an ā€œoutā€ to deny a warranty claim.

well considering a cars insides arent made of plastic. Id say IF the transmission had been damage by the accident, that wheel and the body damage to the vehicle would be FAR worse

Maybe itā€™s up shifting for whatever reasonā€¦

ok so ive been to a shop for other repairs, but they found nothing wrong with the transmission or torque converter (or if they id they didnt tell me) Also the same issue I mentioned in my first postā€¦ I tried the exact same thing in a MUCH BETTER running (and newer) ford fusion 2013 and it does the exact same thingā€¦ so Im gonna guess that its normalā€¦ as its highly unlikely that two cars are messed up and have the exact same problem

Does your car use a CVT type of automatic transmission?

no idea. the cars i tested on were a ford Fusion 2013 and a Ford Taurus X 2008, do those use CVT?

Itā€™s no surprise that they found nothing wrong with the transmission, you described a normal down shift earlier. Did you ask them to floor the accelerator to see why the engine lacks power?

I think you are expecting too much from these vehicles, how long have you held them at full throttle? I f the speed increases by 20 MPH after 5 to 10 seconds of full throttle acceleration there is nothing wrong.

The Ford Fusion 2013 Hybrid uses a CVT transmission from what I can see. The gasoline engine version uses a conventional automatic. The 2008 Taurus X seems to use a conventional automatic, but the 2007 Freestyle predecessor used a CVT. The reason I asked is b/c owners here sometimes make a note about the way a CVT affects the driving experience, especially a tendency to rapidly increase the engine rpms in certain circumstances.