Transmission and t-case limitations- motor swap (kinda)

I remember reading a road test of a new Lincoln a few years ago that har a turbocharger that compensated for altitude. That technology would really hit the sweet spot for you but I am the last guy to know how you could do it.

A new(er) diesel is on my to-buy list. The same truck, with the only change being the 7.3 idi, I saw for $7700 last night. Also had 270k-ish on it. I can scoop up a 50-150k mileage 6.7psd for $22-33k. Go figure.

All in all, I really just need to push a little bit of life into the motor, sheā€™s only rated to tow 7600lbs and I know nothing about getting a trucks tow rating redone. Also, im looking at a 7x16 tandem axle enclosed cargo trailer to haul 2 quads and some camp stuff. Maybe a 20 times a year tops? Trailer is rated 7k max, i would probably be between 4-5k.

Once I get a little more settled into my new job, the truck will get retired for me to tinker with and just cruise. Maybe some redneck towing adventures but thats another story :rofl:

You canā€™t do anything about the trucks ā€œTow Ratingā€, it is whatever the sticker the factory put on the door jam says it is.

You can change the engine,cooling, transmission, gearing, suspension, brakes, it will still legally be only allowed to tow what ever the sticker says.

3 Likes