Trans cooler fitting

Replacement radiator vs stock fitting. Steel line is spliced with rubber section and it’s not leaking but I would like to replace it. Stock fitting has tiny c-clip. I think they used a different style adapter. I don’t like the rubber repair portion but I don’t know if proper steel line will fit into the aftermarket radiator.

image Former owner replaced radiator to fix overheating and it looks like crap. Lots of calcium crud. I don’t know if a new cooler line will fit into this newer radiator without issues. This is stock line. The adapter line looks like it has a compression fitting?

found this fitting. I suppose my adapter will unscrew from radiator? Seems like a good route to make a mess.image

Those quick-connect fittings are for fast assembly, they can leak after time. I would be satisfied with the compression fittings.

If you are worried about the hoses, replace them. Using hose isn’t necessarily a bad thing, some vehicles use a section of transmission hose near the radiator to deal with vibrations.

The rad hex is about 7/8”. I figure that’s just the way aftermarket radiators are built. So you have to use adapters to go down to 3/8 tubing. The bottom fitting has a tight curve and the rubber hose is kinked there. Enough to make me wonder if the flow is restricted.

Back in the 70s when everybody in our family was buying cheap cars with slant sixes, I used to strip them of parts before they went to the junkyard. Always had spare radiators on hand. I learned to never mess with those radiator fittings. I just cut them about 3" from the rad and used rubber hose. Much easier.

Years later we went to 2.2 Mopar 4 cylinders.

I would get some Gates transmission cooler line on amazon and rerun the kinked section in such a way that it isnt kinked and call it a day. This looks like GM vehicle.