Tranny is slipping

i just did a break job on my geo, and so i had to drain the tranny fluid. i replaced the fluid and now the tranny is slipping, there is definitely enough oil in it, so i dont know what is wrong, does anybody know what else i could do to fix it?

Why did you have to drain the tranny fluid for a brake job?

Did you also drop the pan and change the filter?? What kind of transmission fluid did you fill it with?? What gear/s is the trans slipping in??

transman

Yeah, I am also a bit mystified by the connection that the OP is drawing between brake servicing (or even “break” servicing) and having to drain the transmission fluid. Can the OP explain this connection for us?

And, like transman, I am wondering if the correct spec fluid was used when refilling the trans.

I’m mostly bumping this hoping to hear back from the OP b/c I must know why a transmission gets drained to work on the brakes.

And I also must know just what was done with the trans including the fluid type.

i also had to replace the cv axles on both sides, so i drained the fluid

ok, so are you going to fill us in on transman’s questions below?

I like to lube my trannies just enough to get the job done. Easy does it, slow and steady wins the race.

These guys are going to give used cars a worse reputation that they already have…

How would you like to be the NEXT owner of this car…