Trailer hitch on Porsche?

First off, there aren’t any trailer hitches available for a Porsche 911.
Look at the car sometime, the exhaust tip is in the center of the bumper, right where the hitch needs to go.

Next up, buying a used Porsche isn’t the best idea if it is going to be your only vehicle.
The cars are maintenance intensive, occasionally break parts that need to come from overseas, and can take a while to get fixed up back to running condition.

You will always NEED to have a second vehicle with a Porsche, so skip the idea of having one as your only car.

Now, here’s some advice from a current Porsche owner ('98 Boxster):

If you have enough money for a 911, put it in a bank account, or a CD, and wait a year.
Take the interest you earn, and buy your beater car/truck/whatever.

Then wait another year and after you get that batch of interest, buy a Porsche from a dealer with a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) warrantee. That increases the warrantee from 48k miles to 100k miles, and adds a couple extra years. The warrantee will save you some expensive repairs.

Also, when you do buy the car, DO NOT lug the engine. Wind it up between shifts.
Unless its an automatic, as that won’t really let you lug the engine anyway.
But who buys a sports car with an automatic transmission, anyway?

BC.

Having read all the replies its probably best to just get an old truck as I will use more than just a few times. Thanks for all your advice

You’re right but I guess I’ll just get an old truck. I am just moving from Boston to Seattle and I know winters do come in hard. Thats why the old house…

Here is how you haul cargo with a Porsche 911:

1. Mount two hitches, evenly spaced on the front of the vehicle
  2. Purchase two ends for the tongue of a trailer that go over the hitch ball
  3. Attach the purchase from number 2 to a cargo carrier that can be obtained at
    a farm store or a home supply store. This cargo carrier is also known as a wheelbarrow.
  4. Attach converted wheelbarrow to front of Porsche.

Can’t tell you how many friends and relatives over the years, bought a sporty second car to augment the family vehicle, and found they needed a truck as a third. They ultimately sold the “sports cars” and Dad just became a “truck man”. In many areas, trucks are the “sports car” with more practicality for work and play. That could be be in your future.