Traffic Circles (Roundabouts)

AARP got us Obamacare… 'nuff said. (Uh oh, now I’ve done it.)

@insightful,

Obamacare … Benghazi … the IRS scrutinizing political organizations that want tax exempt status … these are all examples of made-up scandals. Making hay over these fake scandals is the reason there isn’t more outrage about real scandals, like the current VA scandal and the NSA’s violation of our Fourth Amendment rights. Wake me when you’re done crying wolf.

@Whitey, I can’t help you.

I’m grateful for that.

Oh oh, here we go again… >;-/

Grape or Cherry Kool Aide?

AARP got us Obamacare...... 'nuff said. (Uh oh, now I've done it.)

That makes no sense what-so-ever. AARP has medicare/medicade. Why would they even care about Obamacare? Listening to Fox News too much?

Here in Mississippi the preferred beverage is, ironically, sweet tea.

“Here in Mississippi the preferred beverage is, ironically, sweet tea.”

Hmmm…Perhaps the locals should consider making their tea a bit less sweet, in view of the reality that Mississippi has the highest rate of obesity nationwide, and the second highest rate of Type 2 Diabetes.

…just sayin’…

Washington DC has a number of heavily trafficked circles; and the craziest reptilian driving I’ve ever seen (save for maybe Puerto Rico) happens on them.

But the DC circles were designed specifically to make driving in town difficult.

@MikeInNH,

You only have to be 55 to join AARP. Most people have to wait until they turn 65 to get Medicare.

You only have to be 55 to join AARP. Most people have to wait until they turn 65 to get Medicare.

That would be only the people in a small 10 year span voting for Obamacare (as insightful suggested). Which is far far far far too small of a number to influence anything.

The over 64 crowd who can collect Medicare and Medicade could care less about Obamacare. Which is a far larger number.

Conclusion…Obamacare did NOT get voted in by AARP. Amazing how anyone could possibly think that.

Just to clarify, I didn’t think Insightful made that claim. He seemed to claim that the AARP, which is a powerful political lobbying force, supported Obamacare, contributing to its passage to become law. However, I’ll make the case that AARP supported Obamacare because their membership supported Obamacare for reasons other than selfish concerns, like wanting their sons, daughters, and grandchildren to be covered for preexisting conditions and not get dropped from their insurance when they get sick and need it most. One doesn’t need to directly benefit from a law to support it for altruistic reasons.

Would have Obamacare have passed without AARP’s support? Probably not, but I can’t be sure.

While AARP might have had an active role in supporting Obamacare…I don’t think it was that strong…especially in many Southern states. And if you look at the demographics of the people who listen to Fox…a good majority of them are on Medicare. I wouldn’t call Fox news a good supporter of Obamacare.

"That makes no sense what-so-ever. AARP has medicare/medicade. Why would they even care about Obamacare? "

Mike, you’re so cute when you’re naive:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/09/22/the-aarps-2-8-billion-reasons-for-supporting-obamacares-cuts-to-medicare/

Going for a record for being banned. How many times do you have to keep changing your name little drivel.

Back to traffic circles. I spend a couple of weeks outside Paris for work and thoroughly enjoyed the tight one-lane round-abouts on the way to work. You could flick the diesel wagon I was driving and drift the rear a bit at 40 KPH at each one. Little to no traffic, no time lost and buckets of fun.

The traffic circles around here generally work pretty well although we did have someone either loose control or just not pay attention and drove his Ram 2500 into the center of the circle until getting stuck on the dismount. Some of the busiest ones can get a little confusing if you don’t know that one lane forces you onto a particular bridge instead of the main one going into town.