Toyota experts, please help! Is it time for a new car?

I have a Toyota Corolla w/about 200K. It is a good reliable car which I plan to keep for many more years, but at that mileage even though the car is well designed and manufactured, there is something always in the process of breaking or wearing out. It isn’t cost effective – compared to buying a new car --to simply pre-emptively replace everything that might break. If you do most of your driving around town like I do and aren’t that concerned that you might have to take the bus from time to time while your car is in the shop, I’d stick with this car. It sounds like you enjoy driving it. But expect it will need repairs around 2 times per year, some years more than that, and you won’t have it to drive for those times it is in the shop. If you are ok with that level of inconvenience, then keep it. It will be probably be cheaper than new car payments. Otherwise, start shopping for a lower mileage car.

Thank you everyone for responding! Some of you asked about the clutch. As far as my mechanic says, it’s at 50% and I’ve noticed no problems. His advice is to wait to get the rear main fixed until the clutch needs replaced since the oil leak is minor.
Yes, I agree, my husband is a good man for being concerned.
Thank you for the information about infant/baby car seats.
As it is, we live in a rural area and I really don’t drive very much, we also have a newer 4Runner that my husband commutes with.
All points considered, I believe I will let circumstances dictate our decision as I agree with one commenter who warned against a new car purchase with a baby on the way if it isn’t financially comfortable.
Again, thank you all who responded.
Oldtimer, yeah, “getting creative” is a little tongue-in-cheek. You’re right, it rarely works unless you get your hands on some free money. Ha!