I have a 1997 Toyota Avalon, paid for. It is in good shape for a 15 year old car. Research says the most I can tow with this car is about 1000 pounds.
Here is the question/issue. I have a side business where I go to about 2 trade shows a month, not very far, maybe 20 miles. I have been renting a truck for $90 per event or about $180 per month.
I am looking to save money…not as easy as it sounds. Also, if I can go farther, there are other show opportunities.
Here are the options:
- Buy a used van, maybe $6,000 max
- Get a small trailer and towing hitch for the car.
- Get a newer vehicle with more towing capacity and then get the hitch and trailer.
- This is “simplist” and most expensive, money out of pocket and more insurance.
- The trailer/hitch is least expensive and then I am probably going to kill the transmission on the 15 year old car and I have limited towing capacity even after the new transmission.
3, This might be the best compromise. Spend the money on the vehicle to “freshen” my ride then get the trailer.
Have I missed any options? Any other suggestions besides a little red wagon?
Thanks for the help.