Towing a little kayak trailer&kayak 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid

MANY thanks! Okay… I GIVE UP. I guess I will keep my 2007 Buick Rendezvous that I put a hitch on a year ago. Overall, my gas mpg runs from 17 in the hottest summer months with constant AC- to 21-23mpg- in all other months. Not bad for this SUV. Have the extended warranty coming up (47k miles) so thought I could find a more fuel-efficient car, and put on a new hitch. Just seems like the hybrid makers could offer a defined low-weight towing option, and disclaimer about the mpg while towing. The 200 pounds of towing would seemingly mitigate the fact that there is no 200 pound person in the car,…only the driver- whom IS less than 200 pounds! Seems we have to pick between a very green way to enjoy being on the water, and a good mileage-hybrid? I already have an SUV…wouldn’t make financial sense to buy another one at this point. THANK YOU ALL- really impressed with the info, and thoughts behind your comments. All the Best, Redhead.

200 pounds in the middle of the car is not the same as 200 pounds behind the back bumper.

Towing with small cars is more accepted on the other side of the Atlantic.

How about a non-hybrid Accord/Camry size sedan? Will get better MPG than the SUV.

I own a 2009 honda civic hybrid. Page 281 of the Owner’s Manual, says:

TOWING A TRAILER
Your vehicle is not designed to tow a trailer. Attempting to do so can void your warranties.