Totally Oblivious

The point is, that when one is an adolescent, it is almost impossible to determine where he/she might wind-up in terms of a college major or an eventual career. While I had to take lots of advanced math courses in high school and college that I never actually needed or used, at least I was prepared for career paths that required those math courses.

Similarly, a requirement for World Language courses (the term “foreign language” is now considered to be obsolete…) in HS and in college might turn out to be fruitless vis-a-vis someone’s eventual career path, but at least that person had the preparation for a variety of career paths.
:thinking:

Many people wind-up in careers that they could never have envisioned when they were HS students, but comprehensive graduation requirements may well have qualified them for those unforeseen career paths.

I don’t think all provinces require French. Quebec does. Not sure about the rest.

Some boarder towns in Norther NY have street signs in French/English.

Back in the mid 90’s we were on vacation in Winnipeg. I remember metric speed limit signs but I’m pretty sure everything else was in English. I took French in college so I should have noticed. Of course, things may have changed by now.

Of course consider the source. Humans write these articles and are not always fully truthful. I didn’t know it might be helpful to know Cree also though.

We have a foggy morning today. Visibility is 1/4 mile. It is not that big a problem if the idiots would slow down and TURN ON THEIR HEADLIGHTS!!! I walked to the road which is 35mph and did a brief survey. 11 vehicles with the usual result. 5 with headlights on. 5 with headlights off. 1 with DRLs. All of them at or exceeding the speed limit. Headlights on is not only state law but I consider it basic common sense. 3 of the 5 vehicles with headlights off were shades of gray which is a very effective cloaking device. Totally Oblivious! It looks like visibility is 1/2 mile now so I will drive 2 miles to the grocery store only having to avoid the usual stop sign runners.

1 Like

You mean passing a law didn’t insure behavior? I’m crushed. Part of it might be everything is automatic now. I don’t think I’ve used the on/off switch in quite a while and the sensor doesn’t always pick up the reduced visibility in fog. So you have to actually make a decision to turn the lights on. I use a piece of left-over headliner to drop over the sensor in low light conditions to turn the lights on. Why the owner’s manual says not to do that I have no idea.