Tires slipping on dry pavement

+1 with CSA, I too haven’t had problems with either of my FWD minivans (Town & Country and Odyssey) or even with my parents piece of :poop: Dodge Caravan that I learned how to drive on. @TXdealer did you perhaps have poor tires on your minivans to have this problem?

I also have to agree with CSA. I have owned 5 minivans since 1990–a 1990 Ford Aerostar, a 2000 Ford Windstar, a 2006 Chevrolet Uplander, a 2011 Toyota Sienna, and am currently driving a 2017 Sienna. I have not experienced that problem with any of the minivans. I have driven these minivans on Michelin, Firestone, Cooper, Goodyear, and Sumatoma tires and not experienced that problem.

While lower grade tires make the problem worse, I have experienced the problem on many different makes and models of minivans. I just sold a van identical to the OP’s, and it also struggled to not squeal the tires on any kind of incline or road imperfection. It had lower grade Firestone tires that didn’t exhibit any other problems or traction issues. The newer Chrysler minivans have almost 300hp, I frequently inadvertently squeal the tires at stop signs even with OEM tires installed on them.

I believe that.

Is that a minivan phenomenon or a lead foot propensity?
I can probably squeal the tires taking off in nearly any almost 300hp passenger vehicle.

Does @Sarahmrusso_146890’s 08 Sienna have almost 300hp? That’s where this discussion is focused.
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Does @Sarahmrusso_146890’s 08 Sienna have almost 300hp? That’s where this discussion is focused.

It has 266hp.

Thanks! Well, that is almost 300hp!
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

2 Likes