Tire size for honda pilot 2005

I NEED TO REPLACE MY TIRES FOR MY 2005 HONDA PILOT AND I WAS WONDERING HOW BIG OF A TIRE I COULD GET. THE DEALER WILL ONLY TELL ME THAT THE FACTORY SIZE IS RECOMMENDED BUT I HOPE THAT I CAN GO BIGGER THAN THAT. hOW WIDE OF A WHEEL BAS AND RISE CAN I GET WITHOUT RUBBING ON A COMPLETE TURN OF THE STEERING WHEEL.

Try tirerack.com. They have recommendations for different tire and wheel sizes.

Is there a reason that you want a bigger tire? The wheels and wheel wells were designed to accept a specific size, and changing that could throw off your speedometer a bit or cause the tires to rub against the frame.

If other sizes are okay, it should say so in your owner’s manual.

Many people like to switch to the low-profile tires. You can change from a 16" tire to a 18" tire and still have the same overall diameter. I for one do NOT like the look of the low profile tires on SUV’s. SOME sports cars yes…they look nice on.

I agree. Kinda defeats the purpose of geting an SUV/truck when you slap on a set of 22’ w/ low profile tires.

Do you want a bigger tire or just a wider tire?

www.carbibles.com has an excellent description of the differences as well as a calculator that enables you to easily determine the difference of a “bigger” tire in your speedo and odo, however it does not discuss the added strain on the drivetrain that larger tires cause or the effects on performance and mileage that larger tires have. I suggest a visit.

Mike’s suggestion regarding Tire Rack is a very good one. Also, your Owner’s Manual will list acceptable alternative tire sizes. I suggest that you avoid any tire sizes other than what is listed in either the Owner’s Manual or the Tire Rack site. Among other issues, your gas mileage may take a significant hit if you mount wider tires.